As news stories revealed the unprecedented need for diapers and period supplies due to the COVID–19 crisis, more people than ever before chose to provide real support to NDBN and the Alliance for Period Supplies. Longtime donors increased their contributions. Annual donors became monthly donors. And more than 4,000 new donors elected to give to NDBN in 2020, the most ever in a single year.
By choosing to support our work, donors are telling us that our work is relevant, and it matters.
- “As a new mom it pains me to think of families and babies in need. I hope this helps in any small way to make babies’ and parents’ lives more comfortable.” Jessica F.
- “Because I’ve been there, not knowing if I have enough for food and feminine products. Having to choose between the two and just say I’ll just have to use toilet paper. This is one of the most natural things and women shouldn’t have to worry about staying clean.” Oliva W.
- “No child should struggle to have a clean diaper, and no parent or guardian should struggle to be able to provide that basic need to their child. Hoping this small donation can help support parents and guardians and close the gap for this need. Sending all the love” Christina Z.
- “Never had kids. But my mom raised three of us on one check so I get it.” Catherine D.
- “Poverty sucks. –Someone who remembers.” Carol P.
- “I have a 3-year-old and an 11-month-old. I feel very lucky that my husband and I have maintained our jobs during COVID and can provide for our kids. I hope this donation helps the families in need. Our hearts are with them.” Julia L.
- “No matter how long it takes, let’s end period poverty together.” Zhongyi L.